THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED INDEFINITELY –
DUE TO COVID19 RISKS AND UNCERTAINTIES – OUR APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
TO BE ON WAIT LIST FOR NEXT Denver, Colorado Center Externship please email us at email@example.com
Colorado Center EFT Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy, facilitated by Jim Thomas, LMFT, EFT Trainer
Postponed from May 13-16, 2020 to the new dates of June 24 – 27, 2020 in Centennial, Colorado in light of recommendations from Governor Polis, State Health Officials and the C.D.C. We apologize for any inconvenience. If registered for original dates, we have you now registered for the new dates above. Stay safe out there, as we all work together to slow the spread of the virus and hopefully not overwhelm our health care system. We in the E.F.T. Community want to thank our health care workers for your gallant, tireless, expert care in Colorado and beyond.
Family Resource Pavillion, 9700 E. Easter Lane, Centennial, CO 80112. 720-213-1400, an ADA compliant facility
Endorsed by EFT Originator, Dr. Susan M. Johnson “Sue gifted us a way of looking at couple’s distress that transformed the marriage counseling field! She continues to grow and expand the applicability of E.F.T. in her latest book.” Jim Thomas
Nationally renowned training in Emotionally Focused Therapy, The EFT Externship will:
*Help you be successful treating couples and relationships.
*Will help you improve your own compassion for others and strengthen relationships in your own life.
*Improve your skills as a therapist by having more success in treating couples.
- Apply attachment theory to understand relationship distress (conflicts, distance, stuck places) for couples and families.
- Ability to track, reflect and explore negative relational cycles that are fueled and maintained by attachment distress.
- Access, evoke and deepen partner’s experience of underlying primary emotions that are not expressed directly in negative relational cycles.
- Practice and use the 5 Core Moves of E.F.T
- known as “the EFT Tango”
- Move partners from emotional dysregulation to emotional co-regulation and a more secure attachment via “bonding events.”
- Learn how to address a range of presenting problems such as affairs, addiction and trauma with couples, families and individuals using E.F.T.
Externship is open to mental health professionals only. Graduate students in mental health programs are welcome. However, the training is not open to life coaches, relationship coaches and other professionals without M.A. or Ph.D.’s in a mental health related field. We apologize for any inconvenience. Regular Rate: Available until March 31, 2020
- Prior to 60 days out: $120.00 administrative fee
- 60 to 30 days out: $150.00 administrative fee
- 29 days to 15 days from event: $180.00 fee
- 14 days or closer to event: We are unable to give refunds at that late notice – without exception – due to contractual obligations, fixed costs and other factors.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
*Supplementary materials provided, including “Externship Manual” from ICEEFT and these will be provided at the time of workshop.
Contact Hours may be applied towards Colorado DORA requirements for ongoing professional development (see DORA requirements for details). The Colorado Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy is solely responsible for all aspects of this program. 28 Contact hours approved by ICEEFT. Note: Application pending for NBCC SP-2693 Renewed 28 Clock Hours.
Inclusivity: ICEEFT and the Colorado Center support and value inclusivity and respect for the diversity of clinicians and clients that we serve. We welcome people from all walks of life. We value diversity of experience, heritage and support you in how you identify and show up in the world. Therefore, we seek to co-create a safe learning community for people from a variety of ethnicity’s, faiths, gender and gender identifies, relational orientations, ages and abilities.
Our therapeutic contact with clients will be characterized by
- Respect, empathic responsiveness, collaboration and authenticity
- Interventions based on the highest ethical standards
- Interventions based on current empirical research
Our connections with one another will be characterized by teamwork that is
We hope you join us in support these as a participant in our Externship.